Thursday, September 23, 2010

Rolling Paper Reviews

I love some rolling papers. I especially love over-sized high quality pure hemp rolling papers.

Hempire 1.5 inch Cigarette Paper
Hempire 1.5" (also available in 1.0, 1.25, 1.5 and king size) Pure Hemp Cigarette Paper. I love these delicious little papers. I was thinking about the most important points of a rolling paper and I decided that they are: Taste, durability and, freshness (includes gum quality).

I must say that I was skeptical of the taste at first because it was made of pure hemp. I can only describe my experience as surprisingly smooth. There was no harshness or overwhelming paper taste that comes with other brands like ZigZag.

I rolled several cigarettes and noticed that the durability was definitely high. I have a pack of Bugler rolling papers that I use when I run out of the better name brands. The Hempires make Buglers look like fragile china dishware being spun on a stick being balanced on the nose of a professional athlete. Only one time did the paper rip while rolling and that's because I was purposely pushing the limits to see just HOW durable they really were. The size of the paper makes durability a lot more important than standard 1.0 or 1.25 papers. You can roll a fattie as thick as your thumb if you so desire.

The freshness is questionable thing to rate. I must say that I can accurately judge this one for several reasons. First off, I've had the pack of papers for several months. Also, I know that they were on the store shelf for several months (I asked). Father time must be some sort of pussy because the gum was still fresh and sticky while the paper was still highly malleable. Usually time treats paper poorly and makes it stiff, easier to rip, harder to fold and less likely to have good 'sticky' gum. That was not the case with the Hempire brand. Apparently hemp paper holds up pretty well.

It should also be mentioned that the papers were left in my wallet for about a week. This usually seems to thin the papers up and make them slightly more transparent. This never happened with the hempires. The box still worked well even though I had flattened it with the fattest part of my ass.