Wednesday, September 22, 2010

HAF 932 Hardware Review

I purchased this case because the temperature within my original case was extremely high.

This is a FULL tower (meaning it's very large) with all the space you could ever need. The cable management, when done correctly, looks absolutely flawless. Although it should be mentioned that the case did not come with the cable management grommet/s.

You can put your power supply on the top or the bottom. If you put it on the top you will have to remove the exhaust fan. The bottom PSU position sports a riser grate which looks perfect for a big filter too. Because of this you would ideally put your PSU on the bottom and water cooling on the top.

There is a small place on top to hold your small loose items (change, screws, etc). There's also a hole under the plastic flip within the tray that gives you direct access to a water cooling block/reservoir. You would have to have the block/reservoir in your top 5.25" drive bay. It's a nice feature but something I will probably never use.

The tool free drive bays are nice as well as stable. There are rubber pieces within them that reduce friction/vibrations. I use the bottom area of the drive bays to put any extra cable or peripherals that I don't want to be seen. I would like it if the window was a little bit larger but once you start to light the system up with cathodes/LEDs you can see straight through the fan grating with ease.

The fans are very quiet and the construction seems very durable. I like the stylized look and I have dropped my max temperatures by 10 C. I am extremely pleased with my purchase. One of my biggest complaints was the total lack of a removable motherboard tray. For such a well designed case this should have been included. I do have to point out that there is a CPU cooling port on the motherboard tray for easily swapping out CPU cooling.

Conclusion: AWESOME CASE